Have a Heart Friday
Everyone in the Rochelle community has an opportunity on Friday, Dec. 11 to bring in a donation of any amount to contribute to our “Rochelle Kettle”. All funds collected will be used to provide gifts, food, or other essential needs to families in our community for the holidays. Contributions can be a single coin or bill, up to larger donations that can be by check to Rochelle School of the Arts. We realize 2020 has had a significant impact on many in our area and we hope to provide some support and encouragement to those in need.
The Open Enrollment period for all magnet and choice schools continues through Jan. 12. Parents must complete an online application through the Parent Portal. If you know of students who would flourish in the arts-focused curriculum at Rochelle, please encourage families to visit the school board website for more info: https://polkschoolsfl.com/schooloptions/
Virtual Parent Education Night
Parents of students in elementary school have an opportunity to join us for a Virtual Parent Education Night, beginning Wednesday, December 16th. Videos will be posted (on our social media, website and YouTube channel) from each grade level, showing strategies and materials families can use at home to support learning. If you are interested in receiving the materials to use at home, please click here to complete the interest survey. eSchool students will be able to pick up their supplies at our December Drive Thru, Wednesday, Dec. 16th from 9-11am in the bus loop.
Bells Will Be Ringing
Mr. Hansen and the students in our Handbells group will be performing on Thursday, Dec. 10, at 6:00 pm in the front courtyard at Rochelle. Admission is free, but all audience members are required to wear a mask. Bring lawn chairs or blankets, and enjoy lovely holiday music under the stars!
Holiday Gift Giving Ideas
Looking for fun gift giving ideas that will also provide intellectual stimulation for your child that doesn’t include screen time? Here are a few thoughts:
- sports equipment
- board games
- animal/pet supplies and books about care
- books or book series
- craft supplies (crocheting, knitting, sewing)
- writing supplies (journals, markers, special pens, note cards)
- visual art supplies
- items that support an Art area of interest (dance attire, musical instrument items)
- building activities (Legos, Wooden Blocks, Erector Sets, Magnet Sets)
What’s Ahead in December
- Dec. 16, 9-11am – Virtual Parent Education Night drive thru (eschool students only)
- Dec. 15-17 – Jingle Jog (modified to include walking) at PE for elementary students
- Dec. 21 – Jan. 4 – Winter Holidays
- Jan. 5, 2021 – Students return to school
- Jan. 15, 2021 – End of the 2nd Nine Weeks Grading Period