A Message from Mrs. Ward
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like to offer heartfelt gratitude to our Rochelle families for the kindness, understanding, and consideration you have extended this fall as we have all tried to “do school” in ways we had never imagined. Thank you for your efforts to keep not only your own children safe and healthy, but you have been conscientious of efforts and requirements to keep all students and staff healthy. Our staff has gone above and beyond to maintain healthy campus environments and engaging eLearning classrooms. We recognize there have been a few bumps in the road, but the combined efforts of parents, students, and staff have been wonderful. We love our Rochelle community and are grateful for the ongoing collaborative efforts to educate our students!
Do you know someone who would love the amazing Arts program at Rochelle? Perhaps someone would be attracted to the option of remaining at the same school for K-8th grade? Let your friends and neighbors know about the Open Enrollment period for the 2020-2021 school year that runs Nov. 10, 2020 – Jan. 12, 2021. Parents must apply for the magnet or choice school through the Parent Portal on the school district’s webpage (www.polkschoolsfl.com).
Rochelle families with an incoming Kindergartner should have completed the sibling surveys during October, but it is also a requirement to fill out the Open Enrollment application as listed above.
Great American Teach In
The Great American Teach-In is an annual event coordinated by the PCPS Department of Public Relations and Strategic Partnerships to celebrate American Education Week. During this event, members of the community are invited to speak to students about their careers, travel and hobbies, and how their early educational experiences relate to their current lives. Students enjoy the opportunity to hear real stories from real community members. In previous years, volunteers have come in costume, shown students their work-related equipment, performed songs, dances and plays, offered potentially life-saving information, showed off their pets, discussed career options, shared precious souvenirs, talked about other parts of the world, or discussed starting their own business. This year, the Great American Teach-In will be virtual, with volunteers presenting through Zoom. If you are interested in participating in Rochelle’s Virtual Great American Teach-In on 11/19/2020 please email Kimberlee.Mayes@polk-fl.net.
What’s Ahead in November
- Nov. 11 – Veteran’s Day Holiday (no school)
- Nov. 12 – Report Cards – A paper copy will be distributed to Campus Learners. An electronic copy will be sent to the primary email on file with the school to all families, including eLearners
- Nov. 17 – Picture Retake Day – students who returned to campus for the 2nd 9 weeks will have their picture taken. Any students who want to retake their photo from Sept. may return the first picture and retake the picture. There will be a spring opportunity for any remaining eSchool students to have pictures taken.
- Nov. 19 – Great American Teach In
- Nov. 23-27 – Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 21-Jan. 4 – Winter Break